The course costs 20,000 BDT. The approximate cost of the field trip to Cox’s Bazar is 10,000 BDT. Participants do not need to pay the field trip cost during course registration.
A Certificate of Completion which can be used to demonstrate professional development. Participants will be required to attend all sessions to obtain a completion certificate.
The field trip is optional.
Physically. However, CPS will deliver the certificate to your address in case you are unable to collect it physically.
The tentative date of the field trip is late August, 2021. The dates will be confirmed when the course begins.
Participants not joining the field visit will write an alternative assignment.
You will gain skills, empathy, and knowledge that can be applied to your professional life.
You may pay via BKash or through a bank. Both information are available in the course registration form.
Note: Please note that Bkash works only inside Bangladesh
12 weeks (June 19 to September 4, 2021). Sessions will be held on Saturdays from 10 am – 1.30 pm BST with a 30-minute break in between.
The Chatham House Rule will be followed in this course. As a result, any information related to the course, should not be disclosed to the non-participants.
This course is open to professionals, students, others who seek a career in the field of displacement / forced migration etc. That means participants do not need to be based in Bangladesh.
The resource persons in the course come both from home and abroad universities, research organizations, government organizations, UN, and other international agencies.
The confirmed resource persons are:
• Dr. Katherine Li, North South University
• Ambassador Shahidul Haque, North South University
• Mr. John Quinley, Fortify Rights
• Professor Imtiaz Ahmed, The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Dr. Kawser Ahmed, CRRIC, Canada
• Dr. M. Sakhawat Hussain, North South University
• Dr. Helal Mohiuddin, North South University
• Dr. Ishrat Zakia Sultana, North South University
• Ms. Tata Zafar, North South University
• Dr. Harisur Rahman, North South University
• Mr. Raheed Ejaz, Prothom Alo, Bangladesh
• Dr. SK Tawfique M Haque, North South University
• Mr. Bob Rae, Permanent Representative of Canada to the United Nations, and Canada’s Special Envoy to Myanmar in 2017
• Professor William Simmons, The University of Arizona, USA
• Dr. Bulbul Siddiqi, North South University
• Dr. M Jashim Uddin, North South University
• Ambassador Riaz Hamidullah, The Netherlands
• Dr. Mohsin Habib, Laurentian University, Australia
• Ambassador Sufiur Rahman, Former Ambassador to Myanmar
• Dr. Simon Adams, Executive Director, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
• Dr. Md. Rizwanul Islam, North South University
• Ms. Zainab Arkani, Founder, Rohingya language school, Canada
• Ms. Zaitun Pwin, York University, Canada
• Ms. Debbie Stothard, Coordinator/Founder, ALTSEAN
• Mr. Manuel Marques Pereira, Deputy Chief of Mission at IOM
Other possible resource persons are:
• Nicole Epting, ISCG