- M. Jashim Uddin, “Prospects and Challenges for Bangladesh-China Comprehensive Economic Partnership: A Bangladesh Perspective,” Journal of International Affairs, Vol. 19, Issue. 1& 2, June and December 2015.
- M. Jashim Uddin, “Prospects for Attaining a New Height in Bangladesh-Myanmar Relations: Bangladesh Perspective”, biiss journal, Vol.35, No.1, 2014.
- M. Jashim Uddin, “Non-Violent Movements in South Asia: Lessons Learnt”, biiss journal, Vol. 34, No. 3, 2013.
- Jashim Uddin and Mahbubur Rashid Bhuiyan, “Sino-Bangladesh Relations: An Appraisal”, biiss journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, January 2011.
- Jashim Uddin, “Security Sector Reforms in Bangladesh”, South Asian Survey, Sage journal, Vol.16, No.2, July/December 2009.
- Jashim Uddin and Abu Salah Md. Yousuf, “Indo- US Strategic Partnership: Implications for South Asia,” biiss journal, Vol. 28, No. 4, October 2007.
- Jashim Uddin, “The Role of a State as a Third Party in Managing Conflicts: A Conceptual Analysis,” biiss journal, Vol. 28, No. 2, April 2007.
- Jashim Uddin, “The Role of Major Powers in Managing Conflicts in South Asia: A Comparative Assessment, International Public Policy, OSIPP, Vol. 11, No. 1, September 2006.
- K.M. Abdus Sabur, M. Jashim Uddin and Razia Sultana, “Foreign Policy of Bangladesh: Reflection on Some Crucial Challenges”, in Golam Mohammad, ed., National Security Bangladesh 2009, BIISS: Dhaka, 2010.
- K.M Abdus Sabur, M. Jashim Uddin and Abu Salah Md. Yusuf, “National Security and Foreign Policy of Bangladesh 2008,” ed., Sheikh Md Monirul Islam, National Security Bangladesh 2008. BIISS: Dhaka, 2009.
- Abdur Rob Khan, Jashim Uddin, and Mohammad Jasim Uddin, “Role of Civil Society Organizations in Security of Bangladesh” in Mufleh R Osmany, ed., Withering National Security Bangladesh 2007, BIISS: Dhaka, 2008.
Short Articles in Newspapers, Magazines and Reports
- Jashim Uddin, “Ethnic Cleansing and Genocide in Myanmar: R2P and Response from ASEAN,” The New Age, October 9, 2017.
- M. Jashim Uddin, “Prospects for Enhancing Bangladesh-Myanmar Relations”, Beyond the Boundary, Diplomatic Correspondent Association of Bangladesh (DCAB), 2014.
- Jashim Uddin, ‘Manpower Export from Bangladesh: Challenges and Options’ Asian Conflicts Reports, Council for Asian Transnational Threat Research (catr), Issue 11, June 2010.
- Maj Gen Muhammed Firdaus Mian & Dr. M. Jashim Uddin, ‘A Secular Cultural Approach to Deradicalization: Bangladesh Perspective’, 2009,
- Jashim Uddin, “Unofficial Diplomacy Vital in South Asia,” The Daily Yomiuri, Japan, January 8, 2004.
Conference and Seminar Papers
- Presented a keynote paper on “Bangladesh-Myanmar Relations: Challenges and Prospects,” on 21st January 2017 at BILIA Auditorium, Dhaka.
- Presented a paper on ‘Prospects for SAARC-Japan Dialogue Partnership: A Bangladesh Perspective’ at JIIA, Tokyo, Japan on 3rd March 2015.
- Presented a paper on ‘Japan-Bangladesh Relationship: Prospects for Attaining a New Height in Comprehensive Partnership’ at Toyama University, Toyama, Japan on 09 February 2014.
- Presentation on ‘Bangladesh: Recent Political and Economic Scenarios’ at Fukuoka Municipal Corporation, Fukuoka, Japan 15 January 2014.
- Participated in ‘Indian Ocean Dialogue 2014’, from 5-7 September 2014, Kochin, Kerala, India, organized by Observer Research Foundation (ORF) with the support of Indian External Ministry, the government of India.
- Presented a paper on ‘BCIM-EC and Maritime Silk Road: Challenges and Options’ at a seminar titled “BCIM-EC and Maritime Silk Route Across the Bay” at Lakeshore Hotel, arranged by the Centre for East Asia Foundation on 20 September 2014.
- Presented a paper on ‘Scopes for Attaining a New Height in Bangladesh–Myanmar Relations: Bangladesh Perspectives, 20 May 2014, BIISS Auditorium.
- Participated in a Track II Dialogue between BIISS and MISIS, Myanmar in Track II dialogue in Singapore in 20-21 January 2014.
- Presented a paper on ‘Bangladesh-China Relations: The Way Forward’, in a Roundtable Discussion on “Bangladesh-China and Bangladesh-Myanmar Relations: Political and Economic Dimensions” on 01 September 2013 at BIISS Auditorium, Dhaka.
- Participated as a member of state delegation led by the honorable Foreign Secretary of Bangladesh, Mr. Md. Shahidul Haque, in bilateral consultations/meetings in different Chinese officials including HE the Chinese Foreign Minister from 25 June to 2nd July 2013 in China.
- Jointly presented on ‘Bangladesh-China Relations: Political and Economic Dimension’ with Mahbubur Rashid Bhuiyan in a Roundtable Discussion on “Bangladesh-China and Bangladesh-Myanmar Relations: Political and Economic Dimensions” on 20 June 2013 at BIISS Auditorium, Dhaka.
- Attended a seminar titled “Knowing China” in China from 10 to 21 October 2011 and presented on Bangladesh-China relations, organized by Chinese People’s Association for Peace and Disarmament (CPAPD).
- Presented on ‘Emerging Security Threats and Challenges: Bangladesh Perspectives’ in a workshop titled Threats Assessment & “Major Findings and Plans for the Next Phase Joint Research” 17-19 May 2010, Marina Mandarin
- Presented a paper on ‘Non-violent Movement in South Asia’ in Kabul, Afghanistan, organized by Afghan Foreign Ministry in 2009.
- Jointly presented with Maj Gen Muhammed Firdaus Mian on ‘A Secular Cultural Approach to Deradicalization: Bangladesh Perspective’, in the seminar titled “the 3rd NTS-Asia Annual Convention 2009”, in Singapore in 03-04 November 2009.
- Presented a country paper on “Reforming Security Sector Governance: The Case of Bangladesh,” at Pan Pacific Bangkok, Thailand on 11 April, 2008.
- As a member of an academic delegation, I visited several research organizations, universities and think tanks in Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi in Pakistan from 04 July to 11 July 2008.
- Presented a paper on ‘Indo-US Relations: Implications for China’ at an international Seminar organized by the China Institute for International and Strategic Studies (CIISS) in Beijing, China on 02 December, 2007.
Scholarship and other Awards
- The Watanuki Foundation Scholarship from April 2001- March 2002
- The Nomura Cultural Foundation Scholarship from April 2004- March 2006
- The OSIPP, Osaka University selected me as the Daihyou (representative) of the year in March 2006. (the best award)
- The Nomura Cultural Foundation selected me as the representative of the Nomura Foundation’s scholarship students in April 2006.
- The authority of the Osaka University International House selected me as the representative of the international students in the year of 2004.
Visiting Fellowship Awards
Received Visiting Fellowship Award at Japan Institute of International Affairs (JIIA), one of the best think tanks in the world under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan from December 2014 to March 2015.
- Osaka School of International Public Policy
Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
PhD in International Public Policy in March 2006
Special Award: Selected as the representative of the year (the best award among all PhD candidates in 2005).
- Osaka School of International Public Policy
Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Masters in International Public Policy in September 2002
Grade/ Result: A (equivalent to First Class)
- B.S.S. (Honors) in Political Science from Dhaka University in 1993 (held in 1995)
Grade/ Result: 2nd Class
- HSC from Dhaka City College in 1990, Dhaka Board
Grade/Result: 2nd Division
- SSC from Dhanmondi High School in 1988, Dhaka Board.
Grade/Result: First Division
1. Introduction to Political Science (Pol 101) at NSU
2. Japan’s History and Civilization at Japan Study Center, Dhaka Univeristy
3. East Asian Government and Politics at National University (Trained the faculties of Govt. Colleges)
Member, Dhaka University Political Science Department Alumni Association (DUPDAA)